Job title Technical Assistant
The Azerbaijan Georgia Turkey (AGT) Region is seeking an experienced Technical Assistant (TA) capable of strong performance in a critical role supporting the Discipline Engineering Team. The core role of the TA is to provide tech support to the Engineering Team Leader, manage engineering and performance management data, serve as the SPA for Engineering Query (EQ) & Management of Change (MOC) electronic systems, and support the team’s Functional Activity Plan in a way that meets the needs of Operations.
The Technical Assistant will also be responsible for providing a minor amount of administrative support to the Engineering Team Leader.
The Discipline Engineering Team (DET) is responsible for providing engineering support to the 6 major offshore production facilities in the Caspian Sea. The DET supports the Area Engineering Support Team (AEST) in the day to day operational support activities as necessary, and is also accountable for providing cross asset, strategic engineering solutions from within the Engineering Services Organization.
Given the nature of the AGT Region Operations organization structure, the individuals within the Discipline Engineering Team have a unique opportunity to get an ideal mix of being closely connected with the day to day asset operation as well as focusing on the broader Regional picture.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a results-driven individual to showcase and develop his / her Technical and Leadership skills in an Engineering and Operations work environment. The unique aspects of this position are ideally suited for a candidate seeking to progress their career into more senior technical support roles.
• Accountable for ownership and coordination of the performance management process & tools for Offshore Engineering:
– EQ and MOC Priority Registers
– Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) Scorecards
– Action Item Registers (Audits, RCFAs, Hazop, etc)
• Accountable for development of the monthly Discipline Engineering Report
• Work in collaboration with specialists and engineers of all disciplines across the Functional teams and the Area teams to provide technical support
• Responsible for assisting the discipline engineers with EQ & MOC closeout by providing necessary data & information from various electronic data bases such as Maximo, e-Warehouse, ProcessNet, System-1, Tr@ction, Documentum
• Administration of Offshore Operations EQ / MOC registers including preparation for and recording minutes for the bi-weekly EQ/MOC meeting with Areas
• Serve as the focal point for controlled engineering documentation & drawings
Essential Education Bachelor degree
Essential experience and job requirements
• Minimum 3 years experience in a technical industry in a similar support role
• Ability to work with large amounts of data and provide high level analysis of trends and key performance indicators
• Excellent computer skills and a strong working knowledge MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Visio)
• Excellent organizational, planning, written and oral communication skills
• Written and oral fluency in English
Desirable criteria & qualifications
• Exposure to Engineering Query and Management of Change Systems and their associated processes
• Knowledge and experience of developing and working with databases (MS Access, HTML, etc)
• Experience in multi-cultural environments